Thursday, December 24, 2009

Actual Conversation with My Almost Three Year Old Son

Him: DAH-DEE

Me: Hey Bobby [not his real name] [duh]

Him: I make a FEE-LOW at my school

Me: A what?

Him (louder) a FEE-LOW

Me: A pillow?

Him:  No I make a (louder still) a FEE-LOW

Me: (to the household) What's he saying?

Oldest daughter: Well, we think he made a fee-low.

Him:  DAH-DEE I MAKE A FEE-LOW AT MY SCHOOL! (slowly) A FEEEEEE LOW

Me: Okay! Yay! You made a Fee-Low!

Him: NO NO A FEE LOW. I MADE A FEE LOW

Me: Right. Um... a pillow?

Him: NO A FEE LOW

Me: (thinking to myself) Ok, his weekly projects are always connected to the parsha. Let's see... vayigash.... vayigash.... what could it be?

And suddenly it hit me.

Me: A FIDDLE?

Him: YEAH! DAH-DEE I MADE A FEE-LOW

Oy

PART 2 OF THE STORY Later that evening, or, actually early this morning, Bobby was in my wife's bed, still babbling about his fee-low, when suddenly he gave that distinctive cough which means some vomit is on the way. And sure enough, the vomit came, and when it did my wife cupped her hands and caught it.

Why did you do that, I said, as I ran for a container.

I just washed the sheets she replied. (!)

Disgusting or heroic? I still can't decide.


Search for more information about serach bat asher's non-fiddle at 4torah.com.

No comments: