Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Where've I been?

Writing and deleting snarky putdowns of Rav Sternbuch's letter, if you must know.

So instead let me be direct and straightforward:

I object to the letter because the science is infantile. I object to the letter because the arguments are infantile. I object to the letter because it attempts to silence minority and dissenting voices. I object to the letter because it slanders scientists. I object to the letter because it slanders heretics. I object to the letter because it insists that Judaism is homogenous.

I object to Haredi society because it produces men, like Rav Sternbuch, who are absolute masters of halacha yet incapable of seeing the errors of fact and errors of logic in this letter.

And finally, I object to Haredi society because they have no one of rank or stature willinging to entertain the objections we lesser lights have made.